Thursday, September 30, 2010


First of all I will briefly outline the history of comic sans as well as my decisions to use this particular text. The Microsoft website was the only resource I could find on this particular text. Comic Sans originated from Microsoft and during 1994 Vincent Connare decided to design a text that features familiarities to the typography used within ‘comic strips’

This influenced my decision to use comic sans because my main purpose is to create a comic book feel and use text, which will add excitement and action. The Microsoft website also explains how comic sans is quite easy to understand and can be recognized at a smaller scale, these are also elements that I wish to uphold within my design.

 Overall Comic Sans contains a similar appearance to the text that is used within comics and I will continue to use this particular typography throughout my design.[1]


[1] Microsoft, “Comic Sans MS”, Microsoft, 2010 http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/family.aspx?FID=3 (accessed 23/9/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment